Two Brothers Get injured as phone battery explodes

Two brothers, aged between 10 and 12, suffered serious injuries after a battery of a mobile phone exploded while they were trying to light an LED bulb in their residence in Hongunta village of Chittapur taluk of Kalaburagi district on Saturday.

The victims were identified as Mallikarjun Husanappa and Nagaraj Husanappa. Nagaraj, who suffered a severe eye injury, has been rushed to the Basaveshwar Teaching and General Hospital in Kalaburagi for treatment.

Ophthalmologist Vishwanath Reddy said that the cornea of the left eye has been damaged and it required surgery.

Mallikarjun suffered injuries to his right hand and is in the government hospital in Shahbad town.


The Hindu


Leave a Reply