Bengaluru: After reshuffling his ministry on Sunday, Chief Minister Siddaramaiah on Wednesday appointed district in-charge ministers.
Energy Minister D K Shivakumar has been made incharge of the two Vokkaliga-dmoninant districts of Mandya and Ramanagaram.
Siddaramaiah may appoint a new district incharge minister for Mandya or Ramanagaram once he fills the vacant cabinet berth in the ministry, which is expected to go for a Vokkaliga legislator.
Following is the list of ministers and districts of which they will be incharge:
- Sharan Prakash Patil (Gulbarga),
- Tanvir Sait (Raichur),
- Santosh Lad (Ballari),
- Eshwar Khandre (Bidar),
- Priyank Kharge (Yadigir),
- M B Patil (Bijapura),
- Basavaraj Rayareddy (Koppal)
Other Districts :
- Kagodu Thimmappa (Shivamogga),
- K R Ramesh Kumar (Kolar),
- Ramalinga Reddy (Chikkaballapur),
- T B Jayachandra (Tumakuru)
- G Parameshwara (Chikkamagalur),
- H K Patil (Gadag)
- Mahadev Prasad(Chamarajanagar),
- H C Mahadevappa (Mysuru)
- K J George (Bengaluru Urban),
- Krishna Byre Gowda (Bengaluru Rural),
- H Anjaneya (Chitradurga),
- Ramesh Jarakiholi (Belagavi),
- Rudrappa Lamani (Haveri),
- Ramanath Rai (Dakshina Kannada),
- Pramodh Madhwaraj (Udupi),
- S S Mallikarjun (Davangere),
- M R Seetharam (Kodagu),
- H Y Meti (Bagalkot),
- Vinay Kulkarni (Dharwad),
- A Manju (Hassan)
- R V Deshpande (Uttara Kannada).
District-in-charge ministers have to chair review meetings of departments in their respective districts.
Review meetings are normally held once in three months.
Implementing and overseeing the progress of various government schemes and programmes are also the responsibility of the district incharge ministers.
DH News Service