In what could be the Embarrassment for Siddaramyya led Congress government , the protests have continued into second day in the Munna darbadar encounter case. and there is no sign that the Protests and counter protests will die down so easily.
on Monday, Siddaramayya Declared that there is no intention of Transfer of IGP North Eastern Range despite the media reports suggesting otherwise. ironically this was even before the joint protest led by SDPI joined by Popular Front and Majlis Tameer Millat was going back to their homes from the VidhanSoudha. but inspite of getting appreciation for such quick reaction, the CM has to face burnt of multiple organisations both pro and against the transfer.
but it was the protest of Gulbarga Muslim Welfare Association that eclipsed other protests Today. Led by its Leader Adv Syed Mazhar Hussain , large number of youth thronged to Mini vidhan soudha to show solidarity and push for the remaining other demands .
speaking at this occasion Advocate Mazhar said ” 11 persons were disreputed by taking their names frequently as Rowdy in media without any ostensible justification. IGP just did his work by accepting the list of 63 persons . but a section of police officer who was not happy with the move has got against him and used the munna issue to vilify him.
he then Listed the Demands of GMWA DEMANDS, which are as following:
1) We demand to initiate action against the then police officer who opened rowdy sheet of 11 innocent persons of Gulbarga.
2) The government of Karnataka announced 50 lacks rupees to the family of deceased brave officer Mr.Malikarjun Bande, similarly we demand to honor with bravery and gallantry award to the Mr.Mallikarjun Bande including other injured officer.
3) We are not happy with the order of COD investigation to the recent encounter incident, we demand CBI should investigate the case.
4) We demand govt of Karnataka should pay compensation amount of rupees 50 lacks to the injured Uddandappa ASI Roza P.S. with promotion and to provide a job to his qualified son.
5) We demand to recall the transfer order of IGP
6) District in charge Minister, Home Minister, superintendent of police and Deputy Commissioner also equally responsible for recent encounter incident, both the Ministers should be resign, Deputy Commissioner and Superintendent of Police also be transferred.
7) We demand to conduct proper inquiry of those other innocent person of Gulbarga city whose name is illegally enlisted in rowdy sheet & delete such names in the interest to protect fundamental rights of every citizen guaranteed in the Constitution Of India and provide a chance to lead good life.
Dalit Sena Leader Advocate Hanumanth Yelsangi, Nazsir Hussain Ustad,Advocate Nagendra Jawali also spoke at the occasion.