Bangalore : 57th Board meeting was held under the presidentship of NEKRTC chairman Al Haj Ilyas Sait Baghban who was accompanied by Dr B Basawaraj IAS Principal Secretary Transport Department Govt of Karnataka . KSRTC Managing Director Mr SR UmaShankar, NEKRTC Managing Director Mr HS AshokAnand and KSRTC all directors were present.
Many major Financial and Infrastructure Decisions were taken by the Meeting a few of which are as following :
- The Student pass limit which was earlier 60 km, was now extended so that the students can go to colleges without any hassle.
- Sedam Bus stand will be Upgraded with a budget of 2 crores, this amount will be sanctioned by the HKRDB to NEKRTC.
- 5 crore sanctioned for New Bus stand in Koppal District. New Bus stands will be constructed in Kukunoor, tadkal, Koppal City.
- NEKRTC will develop Bellary New Depot and also extend the Bellary Bus Stand with a Expense budget of 4 Crores. The amount was Sanctioned
- With a Budget of 4 Crores , 20 Hi-tech New model RajHamsa buses will be purchased by NEKRTC.
- In last board Meeting a Decision was taken to purchase and deploy 1250 buses out of Which only 350 buses were delivered. Ilyas Seth Baghban expressed sever displeasure over this snail speed purchase and strictly asked the Company to deliver the remaining buses. Upon discussion He set a 2 month deadline for the Company for delivering the rest of Promised vehicles or the NELKRTC will take Swift decision and all options will be available for NEKRTC including dissolution of Purchase, as paramount issue for NEKRTC is passenger movement and Comfort..